geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: want to contribute with web or EJB please assign me !!!!!
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:47:20 GMT
Yoseph Widjaya wrote:

> I would be happy to just give me instruction on what
> to do and i will help you ASAP and thanks again for
> assigning me

Nice you have asked. There is some discussion about how to simplify the
very first start for people who are new to the project. Although it's
not that hard to start and deploy modules, people seem to be very
confused and frustrated with the lack of step-by-step procedure about
what to do at first. It's scattered in the Wiki.

So, your first assignment is to write down the steps to deploy the demo
application, which you can find in applications\demo in the repo
starting with Geronimo build, deployment and finally running.

I'm pretty sure that once you've done it you'll know what to tackle next ;)

Jacek