geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <>
Subject Re: Trifork
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:24:12 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> And I do like this:
> "Trifork's next-generation application server, Trifork 5.0, will be
> based on the Geronimo foundation while utilizing Trifork's high-
> performance EJB and WEB containers, as well as Trifork's proven CORBA
> implementation. Trifork will continue to support previous versions of
> the application server, the J2EE 1.3 compatible Trifork EAS and the J2EE
> 1.4 compatible Trifork T4."
> , which points towards our discussion about simplifying web runtime. If
> they use yet other EJB and WEB containers, we'll have to settle down on
> what the unified system will finally look like - we can't only think
> about Tomcat and Jetty anymore.

Hopefully my comment about defining interfaces during web unification
and allowing alternate implementations makes a little more sense now.
They are not alone here.

It would be good to hear from the TriFork folk on whether the LCD we are
working on now is adequate or whether long term they would want
container specific features to expose the things that make them

View raw message