geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Inclusion in m4?
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:02:49 GMT
Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> I think it is very important we DON'T repeat what happened with M3 where
> a lot of stuff got added at the last minute and a couple of things
> broke. I know we will be doing more testing this time but every new
> feature increases the risk of something slipping through.
>
> If the xmlbeans stuff is transparent (does not require code changes in
> Geronimo) so that this is basically a dependency version update then
> that seems ok; if there are a lot of changes needed to the Geronimo code
> then I would suggest this should just go into the trunk.

I second Jeremy's points. It seems that we won't release any M4 in a
near future unless we stop adding more and more features/bug
fixes/enhancements. Bugs shall be fixed, so no talk about it, but I'd
say that features will only be included until the M4 branch is created.
Provided Dave didn't slow down with his coding, I'd bet he'll add either
and probably some more ;)

> Jeremy

Jacek