geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trifork
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:55:57 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> FYI, http://www.trifork.com/topmenu/news_events/release_04_07_05/

Not that I'm against such announcements, but I don't understand this:

"As a first step, Trifork has donated its CORBA implementation to the
project. Geronimo's transition to be using Trifork's CORBA technology is
expected to be able to complete in a less than four months."

Did they already do that? We're talking about it or am I possibly
missing something?

And I do like this:

"Trifork's next-generation application server, Trifork 5.0, will be
based on the Geronimo foundation while utilizing Trifork's high-
performance EJB and WEB containers, as well as Trifork's proven CORBA
implementation. Trifork will continue to support previous versions of
the application server, the J2EE 1.3 compatible Trifork EAS and the J2EE
1.4 compatible Trifork T4."

, which points towards our discussion about simplifying web runtime. If
they use yet other EJB and WEB containers, we'll have to settle down on
what the unified system will finally look like - we can't only think
about Tomcat and Jetty anymore. I also wonder how easy is to embbed
another EJB container. Great times are coming...

> -- dims

Jacek