geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: want to contribute with web or EJB please assign me !!!!!
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:48:20 GMT
Sundaranathan S wrote:
> Jacek,
>
>     When i use "list-modules" to see the modules deployed my
> application is not listed. So i ran the command "java -jar
> bin/deployer.jar distribute c:\scratch\SampleWebApp\hello1.war" but it
> gives the following error ...
>
> 21:08:27,820 INFO  [LocalConfigStore:config-store/] Loaded Configuration geronim
> o.config:name="org/apache/geronimo/J2EEDeployer"
> 21:08:28,441 INFO  [Configuration] Started configuration org/apache/geronimo/J2E
> EDeployer
> 21:08:28,641 INFO  [SecurityServiceImpl] JACC factory registered
>     Error: Unable to connect to local deployer service
>
> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Syntax error in deployment plan
> or no deployer service available (currently I can't tell the difference):, modul
> eFileC:\DOCUME~1\SUNDAR~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\deployer18410.tmpdir\hello1.war

Exactly as it's written in the exception - it's hardly to say where the
problem lies - with the plan or not having them at all. I assume you
haven't yet created a plan for the webapp as described in
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Deployment#head-e90b4f36d14c256e8a85a068971dfb9d4bd9ca8e,

have you?

Jacek