geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CMP tables - can they be created automatically?
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:42:42 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> 	I like the idea of generating DDL automatically.  I don't much
> like the idea of applying it automatically, though if we generate it, we
> could easily provide a tool or command to apply the generated DDL.
> Still, that reflects my development style as much as anything.  If people
> feel that it's valuable to support automatic creating and/or deleting,
> that's OK, I just feel strongly that we should not make that the default
> behavior.

I saw that the SunONE deployer has a command line option -generateSQL
which I think is just for that. I assume it generates the SQLs to be run
by a DBA. I wish we could have it, too. We could also have an option to
configure if the schema should be altered or recreated or anything one
could think of. At the very first, having SQLs generated is what I think
developers would love.

I've reported it as http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-710

> Aaron

Jacek