geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Inclusion in m4?
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:01:28 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> I'd like to squeeze two things into m4:
>
> 1. GERONIMO-645, jetty ignores load-on-startup order.  This is a bug, so
> I don't expect much argument here
>
> 2. xmlbeans v2   v2 has now been released and offers several
> improvements/bug fixes including correct handling of namespaces of
> elements in a group from a different namespace/schema and better
> constraint handling: the latter will let us close GERONIMO-546.
>
> Comments?

I think it is very important we DON'T repeat what happened with M3 where
a lot of stuff got added at the last minute and a couple of things
broke. I know we will be doing more testing this time but every new
feature increases the risk of something slipping through.

If the xmlbeans stuff is transparent (does not require code changes in
Geronimo) so that this is basically a dependency version update then
that seems ok; if there are a lot of changes needed to the Geronimo code
then I would suggest this should just go into the trunk.

--
Jeremy