geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CONSENSUS?] Preparation for M4 -- branch early
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:12:13 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>
>>>	I want to get the key generator changes in for M4.  However, I'm
>>>currently blocked because I can't add the new module to TranQL.  So I'd
>>>like to resolve that before the branch.  Other than that, I'm fine to go
>>>ahead with the 24 hour notice.
>>
>>I don't think this is a pre-req for M4.
>

> 	Why not?  The feature has the support of the group.  The code is
> ready, the test pass, the itests pass, the TCK passes.  If you'd like to
> -1 it please provide a technical reason.

I didn't -1 it, I said it wasn't a pre-req, as in I think we can release
M4 without it.

As for a technical reason, where's the code? Last I saw was a patch for
TranQL that caused a circular dependency and screwed up the IP. If there
is something newer that addresses these issues I would be happy to look
at it.

--
Jeremy