geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: want to contribute with web or EJB please assign me !!!!!
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:30:10 GMT
Sundaranathan S wrote:
> thanks Jacek. I tried this and it is working. But how do i know
> whether the web application is deployed properly or not. There is no
> console output is this expected.

Well, it seems Wiki is not clear on it. The info is there, but not
easily found. Possibly Aaron's book would help better, but...

When you run java -jar bin/deployer.jar you will get the list of
available options and commands. One of the command - deploy - you've
already used. Another one is list-modules. Try

  java -jar bin/deployer.jar list-modules

and you'll see the list of configurations. @see
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Running for more information about
availabnle configurations.

One of the listed configurations should be your just deployed webapp.
The name depends on the configId you declared in the plan.

So, once successfully deployed, try

  java -jar bin/server.jar <your_webapp_configuration>

, open up the browser of your choice and point it to
http://localhost:8080/<your_webapp_context>, where <your_webapp_context>
is the one you defined in geronimo-web.xml file (or geronimo-jetty.xml).

That's it.

> -Sundar.

Jacek