geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: [CONSENSUS?] Preparation for M4 -- branch early
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 09:28:25 GMT
On 5/07/2005 1:55 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

>On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>

>>>	I want to get the key generator changes in for M4.  However, I'm
>>>currently blocked because I can't add the new module to TranQL.  So I'd
>>>like to resolve that before the branch.  Other than that, I'm fine to go
>>>ahead with the 24 hour notice.
>>>

>>I don't think this is a pre-req for M4.
>>

>	Why not?  The feature has the support of the group.  The code is
>ready, the test pass, the itests pass, the TCK passes.  If you'd like to
>-1 it please provide a technical reason.

I do not see a technical reason; yet, I see a release management reason.
This is an enhancement and hence this may be classified as a non
pre-requisite. Conversely, the fact that the running module list is not
saved is a bug and I do not think that a release should procede with a
single known bug.

It really depends on how we want to proceed; yet, in the case of a
feature freeze, I assume that features have been locked down.

At this stage, I think that the feature freeze gate has not yet been
reached - I may be wrong. If this gate has not yet been reached, then
you may have the time to add the feature.

Thanks,
Gianny