geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Re: New Startup Output
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 04:24:35 GMT
Ok...lets hash this last one out...

I would really like to have a command line parameter to start Geronimo
like "-verbose" that sends the log to the stdout (like it was before).
As a developer, its nice to have this instead of having to muck with the
log4j files.  Although I could open up another terminal and tail -f the
log...this is a real PITA.  Luckily I can do this since I develop on
MacOSX.  The windows users may have a more difficult time with this
since they lack some of the UNIX commands we are used to (like tail),
and would be forced to download cygwin or other.

For ease of use, a verbose parameter would make good sense, especially
for developers.

I love this new status bar...its really clean...but I would like the
option to spew the logs to the terminal.

I would like to get people's feelings on this since there are 2 sides
having this option.

Jeff