geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unified Tomcat/Jetty Plans
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 18:49:06 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:

>>>	So does this mean you're volunteering to be the release
>>>coordinator?
>>
>>I have already been told I would be unwelcome in that role. It is time
>>for the PMC to get its act together.
>

> 	Well, if you're not going to be the release manager, perhaps
> instead of flaming everyone in general, you could find a qualified
> volunteer to be the release manager?  Perhaps you could start a page on
> the Wiki outlining what kind of steps could go into the release procedure?
> Perhaps you could recommend a date for the next release that we can start
> working toward?  Perhaps you can begin sorting through the JIRA issues and
> adding them to the M4 release notes document?  I can think of all kinds of
> ways for one of us to get involved if they want to help us produce a more
> organized release.

As I said, I have been told that I would not be welcome in that role -
don't flame me for not doing what I was told would not be welcome if I did.

All the things you list need to be done as part of the release, plus a
lot more. The biggest things is finding someone to do it. That will need
buy-in from the PMC so it needs to get its act together.

--
Jeremy