geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <>
Subject Re: More TCK kudos
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 11:40:17 GMT

Also, I do think that it is worth to notice that these two areas, and
interop especially, are very complex. FWIW, I have stopped trying to
follow IIOP related commits a long time ago as it was way above my
understanding. As an aside, these guys have been/are really fast. Not
many people know that ubiquitous David J. complains to have a slow
laptop; my point of view is that he is simply faster than his laptop.

So, I take my hat off to them; we owe them a lot!

On 4/07/2005 7:25 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> I would also like to chime in and thank those people who worked on the
> security and interop tests.
> Jeff Genender from Virtuas jumped right in and cranked out the JACC
> tests in no-time.  Not only did he come in cold and dove into the
> intricacies of JACC and our implementation, he also was able to tangle
> with some hairy TCK issues; I am prohibited from going into details
> but suffice it to say he has some nasty bite marks you know where.
> Special thanks to Nachi, Jeff's wife, for putting up with her absent
> husband.
> Dain Sundstrom from IBM who didn't take technical limitations as a
> final answer and coded around the obstacles we ran into.  We ran into
> many dead-ends but it was his can do attitude that got us through.
> Dain was able to dig into the intricacies of IIOP and come up with
> some great solutions in an incredibly short time.  Dain was
> instrumental in coordinating the interop effort and was able to make
> sure that resources filled in gaps.  Special thanks Marleta for
> putting up w/ an absent Dain and for, well, pretty much putting up w/
> Dain.
> David Jencks, also from IBM.  There is no piece of the Geronimo server
> that David hasn't had a significant hand in and interop was no
> exception.  We didn't get to see him too much at JavaOne because he
> was holed up in a hotel room with Dave Blevins, cranking out tests.
> Not many people know that David took the TCK effort so seriously that
> he vowed never to cut his hair or shave until all the tests passed.
> We all eagerly wait to see the new David.  ;)
> Thanks again guys!
> Regards,
> Alan

View raw message