geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject More TCK kudos
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 09:25:32 GMT
I would also like to chime in and thank those people who worked on the
security and interop tests.

Jeff Genender from Virtuas jumped right in and cranked out the JACC
tests in no-time.  Not only did he come in cold and dove into the
intricacies of JACC and our implementation, he also was able to tangle
with some hairy TCK issues; I am prohibited from going into details but
suffice it to say he has some nasty bite marks you know where.  Special
thanks to Nachi, Jeff's wife, for putting up with her absent husband.

Dain Sundstrom from IBM who didn't take technical limitations as a final
answer and coded around the obstacles we ran into.  We ran into many
dead-ends but it was his can do attitude that got us through.  Dain was
able to dig into the intricacies of IIOP and come up with some great
solutions in an incredibly short time.  Dain was instrumental in
coordinating the interop effort and was able to make sure that resources
filled in gaps.  Special thanks Marleta for putting up w/ an absent Dain
and for, well, pretty much putting up w/ Dain.

David Jencks, also from IBM.  There is no piece of the Geronimo server
that David hasn't had a significant hand in and interop was no
exception.  We didn't get to see him too much at JavaOne because he was
holed up in a hotel room with Dave Blevins, cranking out tests.  Not
many people know that David took the TCK effort so seriously that he
vowed never to cut his hair or shave until all the tests passed.  We all
eagerly wait to see the new David.  ;)

Thanks again guys!

Regards,
Alan