geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Scheduler addition to Geronimo...
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 03:33:33 GMT
Hi,

I am writing an article for DevWorks on hooking in third party apps into
Geronimo.

The article is basically about writing a GBean for Quartz.  Its written
and works pretty good.

Then I got to thinking...why not just place the GBean/module into
Geronimo, so Geronimo can have a powerful scheduler as part of its
offering.  Many app servers have a minimal daemon process at best, and I
thought having a full scale scheduler as part of the Geronimo offering
could be a great addition and will give it an edge.

Quartz is developed by OpenSymphony and after reading their license, I
do not see any GPL or LGPL attachments.  Does anyone know the licensing
of it?

Anyone have objections or issues to adding it into the distibution?

Jeff