geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unified Tomcat/Jetty Plans
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 03:07:15 GMT
So let me get this right ...

* announce to the world we pass the CTS tests and put out an unstable
   release
* just when people are looking at the project, change the deployment
   plans in an incompatible way
* don't provide any upgrade tool, just tell users they need
   to edit all their existing plans
* tell them this is a *good* thing because we're going to keep
   changing things until 1.0 finally comes out

And this is somehow supposed to encourage people to use this software?

Aaron, I appreciate what you are trying to do. Please go the extra mile
and make sure existing plans continue to work - it is not hard to do and
will avoid putting off a lot of potential users.

--
Jeremy