geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject JSF, was: Webservices and jaxrpc done! -- public repost
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2005 21:27:39 GMT
Manfred Geiler wrote:
> Congratulations.
>
> BTW, a question:
> This is the J2EE 1.4 TCK, right? Can you please check if JavaServer
> Faces is also part of this TCK now? We from the MyFaces project are
> waiting for the TCK since weeks! And there where endless discussions
> at Sun. One of them: if JSF TCK will be shipped on it's own or as part
> of J2EE. So if you (i.e. the ASF) have already access to it, this
> would make things much easier for us, of course.
>
> Thanks,
> Manfred Geiler
> (MyFaces PMC)

JSF is not part of J2EE 1.4 and is not tested by its TCK. IIRC it is
intended to be included in 1.5 and so would be there then but that is
still in the draft stage.

You may still be able to get a standalone TCK for JSF and it sounds like
you have started that process - I would suggest continuing to nag Sun.

--
Jeremy