geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website page for community members building on Geronimo or providing support and services around Geronimo
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 23:16:09 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Jeremy, why do you envision such problems? Has it ever happened in any
> project?

I have a tendency to imagine the things that /might/ go wrong, and when
those have legal consequences I get worried. Geronimo is a high profile
project and I would not like to see it do anything that placed the ASF
at risk.

What struck me was that the Velocity page Geir linked to did not have
any form of disclaimer, making me ask myself "this is a public website
published by the ASF, might people think it is endorsing any of the
sites/products/people listed here? Are there any legal consequences if
they do?"

I don't know the answers which is why I asked. I would hope that the PMC
does, *before* it starts carrying advertisements for commercial entities.

--
Jeremy