geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions about CORBA
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 19:23:43 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:

> 	To Rick and Alan, there's an option 4, Implement Our Own ORB.  I
> don't think we're super-excited to start a project of that magnitude from
> scratch (we do tend to favor the whole "incorporate best of breed project"
> approach!), but I imagine it would be at least be considered if nothing
> else worked out.

Hi Aaron,

I thought about it, but I like Alan's idea better to fix OpenORB issues
instead of reinventing the wheel. I'd believe it's the fine and straight
way to incorporate yet another open source project under Geronimo
umbrella or grasp the CORBA concepts patching OpenORB and forking it at
some time to create a new project. I'm leaning towards the former rather
than the latter.

BTW, is there a wiki page about CORBA stuff? When I asked the question I
first had looked at Wiki and couldn't find anything, so either it
doesn't exist yet or is not easy to find. All in all, I'm sure we could
add a bit more to Wiki now. The thread gives some alternatives to think
about.

> Aaron

Jacek