geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Questions about CORBA
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 08:32:34 GMT
Hi,

I wonder what options do we have to use as a CORBA implementation in
Geronimo (as a ASF project). I'm not familiar with the nuances of
miscellaneous licenses, but unless I'm mistaken we don't have too much
choices - Sun's ORB or OpenORB, right? Again, unless I'm mistaken if I
were to be asked I'd say we ain't too happy with both, but couldn't say
why :( Wiki is silent on this, too.

Do we have to build our own CORBA implementation...well, I remember Dain
  has been working on CORBA stuff in OpenEJB. Is it a complete rewrite
or a wrapper around OpenORB. Hmm, but I also remember we talked about
OpenORB troubles.

Yes, I'm lost and asking for a help - could anyone answer where we are
with the CORBA stuff?

Jacek