geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Donation of Admin Console- request for help
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:43:44 GMT
On Jul 11, 2005, at 10:30 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

>> I think you have mixed several separate issues together here.  SoC
>> is a different issue we have discussed before.  I believe that the
>> community wants the Trifork donation to be a subproject, so will
>> enter via the incubator.  The IBM donation falls into a separate
>> category.
>>

> No, it's not clear to me what the "community" wants re TriFork.  It
> was my understanding that the code would come here along with some
> people to work on it to get things going as fast as possible.

Note I wrote "I believe".  Based on conversations I've had and from
what I have seen on this list, *I believe* that this code will
ultimately end up in a subproject.

> Lets put aside "who" for now and come up with a generally
> acceptable policy.

I agree that "who" doesn't matter, but *I believe* it is a case-by-
case basis decided based on the code base proposed for donation.  An
ORB and a web-console are vastly different beasts.

>> I suggest that IBM makes the code visible, so Aaron and other can
>> begin to review it.  If we decide that we want the code (and IBM
>> finishes legal), we check it into /geronimo/trunk/sandbox/$
>> {console-name-here}, work with it there until we are happy, and
>> then move it to /geronimo/trunk/applications/${console-name-here}.
>
> As long as this becomes our general policy for accepting code and/
> or new committers here, I'm fine with it.

What are you talking about?  We are in a thread to discuss the
specific donation of the IBM console, not a thread to decide a policy
on general code donation and committers.  If you would like to
discuss those, please start a new thread and address it directly.

-dain