geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Donation of Admin Console- request for help
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:30:59 GMT

> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
>> Note I wrote "I believe".  Based on conversations I've had and from
>> what I have seen on this list, *I believe* that this code will
>> ultimately end up in a subproject.
>>

>     I guess I'm still not clear on "subproject".  You mean like with
> its own home page at "http://corba.geronimo.apache.org/" and
> separate JIRA
> and all?  Or it uses all the same infrastructure as Geronimo but has a
> separate /trunk somewhere in SVN?

No - at best it would be

http://geronimo.apache.org/corba

(or whatever)

IMO, it would be the same infra as geronimo, with the same set of
committers [eventually], sharing the same dev list (until volume
dictates otherwise), with an independent release cycle, that is a
responsibility of the Geronimo PMC.

>> What are you talking about?  We are in a thread to discuss the
>> specific donation of the IBM console, not a thread to decide a policy
>> on general code donation and committers.  If you would like to
>> discuss those, please start a new thread and address it directly.
>>

>     For my part, I'm just as happy to try to set a precendent and
> handle the TriFork and IBM donations the same way to start with --
> in a
> separate SVN area in within the Geronimo SVN repo, either each with
> own
> ACL or sharing the Geronimo ACL and contributor employees
> contribute via
> patches.  Whether they go on to become "subprojects" or "modules" or
> whatever can be decided later, right?

I believe so.

geir

geirm@apache.org