geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <>
Subject Re: Wait or not? Respond quick. (M4 -- 24 hour notice of branch)
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 21:57:01 GMT

On Jul 8, 2005, at 5:47 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 11:23:52PM -0700, David Blevins wrote:
>> We can consider as a group if we want to hold up the branch for these
>> improvements [....]
>> Thoughs from the group?
> So you guys want to wait or not?  Not going to make this call by  
> myself.

I was just working on a note for this so I'll just do it here - I  
think driving to an M4 is a good thing, but we should agree on what  
additional stuff we're going to do and do it and then branch, or  
decide we're going to go with where we are, branch for M4 get the M4  
out, and then try and rev an M5 quickly soon after with the stuff  
that we decided not to put in M4.

Of the things I've seen and sound good and easy and good corners to  
knock off or get started to get people to contribute :

  - have startup/shutdown/deploy scripts
  - fix the deployer to not echo your password
  - fix the deployer to not be totally silent
  - get a release of ActiveMQ more recent than this afternoon (so our  
    list will show the ActiveMQ port)
  - have a sample web app set as the default so localhost:8080  
doesn't 404

Things that sound good but I don't grok completely :

  - give the deployer a custom message for the case where  
    is not deployed
  - see if we can eliminate class names from PK Generator configuration
  - add a shutdown JAR, or management JAR with shutdown implemented

Things that sound good but might be hard and take long and therefore  
be good for M5 :

  - make sure exceptions propogate to the deploy tool well
  - provide a bundled or linked MC4J release
  - Matt's fix for the CMP/CMR issue

My $0.02

I'll also summarize our recent "Roadmap" thread and we can look at  
that for M5, Mx ... v1.0


Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437

View raw message