geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Close to completion? (Re: Is it a mountain? (Re: Donation of Admin Console- request for help))
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 02:42:22 GMT
Lets start a new thread tomorrow, finish discussion since I suspect
that all that will say their peace have done so, and work out a vote?

I suspect we need to decide :

1) do we need to have any policy?

2) If so, decide the

   a) general committer acceptance policy/guidelines to define some
      sensible, fair, transparent metrics for accepting a committer
      such as
       - how long a person must commit patches
       - how long participate on the mailing lists

   b) general code acceptance policy (what we have been discussing here)
      where the options include
       - bring into SVN, grant committer status to some # of people
       - bring into SVN, grant restricted status to some # of people
       - bring into SVN, follow a) above for people
       - none of the above

I think that "bring to incubator" is not in scope for this vote, as
it's a tool we already have now - we can always do that and decide to
sponsor or just participate, but at the end of that process, then the
code contribution b) rules should apply.

geir

geirm@apache.org