geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Website page for community members building on Geronimo or providing support and services around Geronimo
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 15:04:45 GMT
This came up in a previous thread.

Does anyone have a problem with a page as described above in the
Subject line?  Many projects have this (e.g. http://
jakarta.apache.org/velocity/powered.html) and in my experience, it's
a great help in building community, both to show people are proud to
be using the software, as well as give info for people looking to use.

I'd suggest that :

a) Categories :
      - Open-source projects powered by Geronimo
      - Commercial offerings related geronimo
           - products
           - support and services
           - etc

b) names are in alpha order to promote fairness and make things
easier to find (because we all hope this list grows really, really
long... :)

c) We have some link either to the project, product and/or service
offering

I'll go forward with this assuming silent consensus as there were no
protests to the suggestion when Aaron brought it up, but would like
to see explicit support and candidates for inclusion on the list
(e.g. IBM is obvious, BEA sorta, and would like everyone that does
consulting and is willing to advertise that fact to step forward as
well :)

geir

geirm@apache.org