geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Donation of a CORBA Orb
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 12:37:47 GMT

On Jul 4, 2005, at 5:07 AM, Joern Larsen wrote:

> Dear Devlist
>
> Trifork has been a J2EE Licensee since 2000 and we have a clean
> room implementation of the J2EE v 1.4 spec. and the product is
> called Trifork T4. This includes a full CORBA 2.3 implementation
> with CSIv2, transaction integration, etc.  We would like to donate
> our CORBA ORB implementation as foundation for a new CORBA effort
> as part of the Geronimo project.  We would like to get in touch
> with the people relevant to this.

Joern,

Thanks for the note.  This is the right place to discuss.

There are two separate threads of discussion that I can think of :

1) Technical - if the donation fits technically into what we are
doing (I'm sure it does...)

2) Administrative - how, where and when

As for #2 my questions to you are :

a) What is the timing for this donation?  How soon?

b) Do you see this as coming straight to Geronimo to be part of
Geronimo initially, or to the Apache Incubator where we could work on
it with you and then make the decision of coming to the Geronimo
project or being something else, like a stand-alone top-level project.

c) I assume that you'd be offering committers to help us with the
codebase and to continue working and expanding.  Do you have an idea
of how many?

Thanks for doing this, and we look forward to discussion on both
subjects above.

geir
geirm@apache.org