geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: M4 -- 24 hour notice of branch
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 06:23:52 GMT
You're starting to sound like me :) Alan and Jacek are always putting
me back in line when I go "release nuts".  What can I say, the idea of
my code going out to people gets me a little excited.  Not my fault :)

We can consider as a group if we want to hold up the branch for these
improvements, but the idea behind the branch is that only
critical/showstoppers go in so we can go ahead with QA and TCK
testing.

Also, IMHO, I would really really like to see us release no later than
every six weeks or so if we can pull it off.  Don't know how anyone
else feels about that.

Thoughs from the group?

-David

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 12:45:30AM -0400, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> Things I want to do for M4 (none of these need to hold up the branch):
>  - see if we can eliminate class names from PK Generator configuration
>  - get a release of ActiveMQ more recent than this afternoon (so our port
>    list will show the ActiveMQ port)
>  - fix the deployer to not echo your password
>  - fix the deployer to not be totally silent
>  - give the deployer a custom message for the case where RuntimeDeployer
>    is not deployed
>  - make sure exceptions propogate to the deploy tool well
>
> And "would be nice but don't plan to do this myself":
>  - have a sample web app set as the default so localhost:8080 doesn't 404
>  - add a shutdown JAR, or management JAR with shutdown implemented
>  - have startup/shutdown/deploy scripts
>  - provide a bundled or linked MC4J release
>
> Aaron
>
> On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, David Blevins wrote:
> > Alright, it's been a few days since this was proposed, going to move forward as
there didn't seem to be any objections.

> >   (As a note to people who really want to get
> >    features in before we release; good!  Let's
> >    release again very very soon!)
> >

> > If you are in the middle of something, get to the end of it quick :)
> >
> > If you were thinking of starting something big, wait till tomorrow at this time.
> >
> > If you would prefer  we delay creating the branch a day or two (and have good reason
for holding up the show), speak up.