geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: ActiveIO (was: Donation of a CORBA Orb)
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 02:51:22 GMT
On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 12:16:19PM -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Hiram,
>
> Could you please make sure that the project gets worked on here at
> Apache? Am a bit concerned about code getting forked out and then
> becoming geronimo becoming a dependency on an external project.

There's the "f" word again :)

Hiram, you can correct me if I'm wrong, but thought the ActiveIO code
was created from the ActiveMQ transport system?

We had several conversations over a period of months on just using the
ActiveMQ transports in OpenEJB and Geronimo so there would be
something common to cut-down on duplicating efforts.  We didn't use
any Geronimo IO code cause it, well... sucked :)

Even then, I think you pretty much rewrote everything.

Is my memory of history accurate or have I demented myself?

-David