geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: New Startup Output, Mark 2
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 00:53:08 GMT
On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 07:53:47PM -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> You could also print the current progress bar into the log at each
> update point, so people could put two and two together, so to
> speak...

I'm kinda scratching my head as to why you would want a progress bar
in a log file no one sees till everything is done.

At the risk of showing words in your mouth, are you suggesting it
would just be nice to see how long it took to start each component?

I would +1 that -- though, not if I had to implement it :)

-David