geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Preparation for M4
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 01:27:22 GMT
On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 05:22:36PM -0700, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> David Blevins wrote:
> >
> >Anything I missed?
> >

> SNAPSHOT elimination so the build is reproducible.

Right.  Missed that one for M3 IIRC.

> Branch so that M4 can stabilize whilst other changes are being made.

We do for every milestone.  Don't expect this to be different.

> Acceptance test process - how do we know what works (need to avoid a
> broken release like M3).

That's what I meant by:

  DB> We have a number of people interested in testing.  I'll ping
  DB> them when I have something ready.

Was thinking to branch when I dish out the binaries for testing.
Rather than the "surprise, here is a binary" approach we've done in
the past.  Sounds pretty much like what you are proposing as well.

-David