geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Webservices and jaxrpc done! -- public repost
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 22:52:47 GMT
I posted this to our private tck list a few days ago.  Now that we've
passed all tck tests, I can legally share it and invite everyone to stand
up and applaud some people who have worked very hard on the web services
side of our great Geronimo.

Some content ommitted for legal reasons.

Let's show these guys some love!

-David

----- Forwarded message from David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com> -----

I just ran the entire jaxrpc and webservices sections of the tck and
<xx> hours and <xxxx> passing tests later I'm proud to annouce, we are
done!  We have it all locked up, nailed shut, and ready to go.

Just in case anyone gets the funny idea that I did all or most of this
work by myself, I really want to take a moment and thank the guys that
made it happen.  Even in another year I could never have done what
these guys did.

David J., this man keeps my butt in line.  If you slow down even a bit
he will code you over!  Before you're even done checking your email in
the morning, David will have you buried under a pile of code so big it
will take you all day to read and a whole week to rewrite.  I swear
the guy got smart years ago and wrote a code generator generator and
has been cashing in on it ever since.  How else could anyone write so
much code?!?

Gianny.  I think Gianny is a sick in the head.  Seriously, you can
barely finish saying the word "mapping" and Gianny will be right there
halfway finished with a "patch".  Patch being an extremely understated
way of saying complete implementation of everything you missed or
didn't get around to.  I say he's sick cause I think he actually
enjoys this stuff.  CMP mapping, Java to XML Schema/WSDL mapping,....
I don't know what planet he's from, but if the mother ship could send
a few more guys over that would be great!

Hiram.  Talk about good sport.  I jerked him back and forth between
the same two tasks like fifty million times.  It was like pong.  I
can't count how many times he implemented wsdl rewriting for swapping
out address locations.  When not being distracted by me, he managed to
close out nearly all of the jaxrpc-api section of test in like a week
and a half.  Don't let the laid back latino attitude fool you; this
man means business!

Dims and the whole Axis team for being super sports and johnny on the
spot with applying patches and pushing out new snapshot jars.  You
guys are raising the bar on the rest of us poor projects, knock it off :)

Big round of applause and standing ovation for these guys!  We're damn
lucky to have them.

Best regards and thanks,
David Blevins

----- End forwarded message -----