geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Donations & Policies
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:38:22 GMT

On Jul 12, 2005, at 11:23 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>

>> On Jul 11, 2005, at 10:56 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>>
>> [SNIP]

>>> I don't see the value add in going directly to the incubator
>>> unless  they wanted to graduate as a TLP out of the gate.  If
>>> this is the  case, then they wouldn't have bothered us to begin w/.
>>>

>> Just a comment -
>>
>> yes - that's something we need to get a handle on - what's the
>> value  to send off to Incubator unless it will be some kind of TLP
>> or a  distinct, standalone community of some sort.
>>

> Has the Harmony project addressed the ORB issue yet?

No :)

> That's certainly a project that will need to come to grips with
> this issue at some point.  If they have a common interest, that's
> would certainly be a point in favor of the incubator.  Otherwise,
> it might make more sense for it to be part of Geronimo so it can be
> the "best Geronimo ORB" possible.

Right - clearly Harmony will need to have this in some way, but it's
not clear when and how, other than, like Geronimo, it won't need a
stand-alone server either.  So I'm not sure this needs to be part of
the calculation now.  We can always change and adapt in the future.

geir

geirm@apache.org