geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Continuum and m2 (was Re: build failed Sat Jul...)
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2005 04:19:15 GMT
On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 18:23 -0700, David Blevins wrote:

> > >Oh, and the suggestion in the past has been to have no attachments, just
> > >upload the logs to somewhere like http://geronimo.apache.org/build/<time>

> > >or something of the sort and just have a link in the email.
> >
> > It sounds like some kind of CruiseControl's clone. I worked with CC in
> > the past and could set it up easily, but before doing so, I'd welcome
> > any comments if we should rely on CC or simply enhance Dave's script?
> >

> My script is simple and dumb, really.  It's just a band-aid till we
> can start using Continuum (*cough*, Jason).

Right now is it the build for the entire tree, or are you selectively
building modules?

There's an instance of Continuum in the Maven Zone
(maven.zones.apache.org) and one at Codehaus that we could use.

We can chat in IRC about per module builds, scheduling of builds and
whatever else but there really isn't any reason we can try it. Continuum
works fine with m1/shell scripts too.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Three people can keep a secret provided two of them are dead.

 -- Unknown