geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r225141 - in /geronimo/site: docs/guidelines.html xdocs/guidelines.xml
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:29:30 GMT
On Jul 25, 2005, at 11:29 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Jul 25, 2005, at 1:37 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
>> I think we should start with guidelines that are from a project
>> that is in a much earlier stage of development.  These guidelines
>> work well for httpd since it is such a stable code base, but I
>> believe unworkable for us.  Are there other project guidelines we
>> can start with? Perhaps incubator, jakarta, or web-services?
>>

> It's not clear that Incubator's rules are relevant, as they are for
> a really different kind of project. (I'm guessing, as I didn't go
> look...)
>
> As for the others, they are probably derived from httpd in some way.
>
> What aspects do you feel are unworkable for us?  Lets just fix
> those bugs that you see.

Can we delay this until after OSCon?  I would like to work on M4 100%
this week and then relax at OSCon next week.  If this is really
important, I guess we can work on it now, but I get the feeling the
community wants M4 asap :)

In the mean time I think it would be helpful if you could point the
community at the guidelines used by the different projects at the
ASF.  I think a bit of background reading over the next two weeks
will make this discussion move much easier.  I also request that
until we discuss and vote on the guidelines we remove them from our
website;  I don't want to create any confusion.

BTW, I definitely think this is useful for the project, and I am not
attempting to kill this idea.  I just want everyone to have the
bandwidth to participate.

-dain