geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Ari Suutari" <ari.suut...@syncrontech.com>
Subject Re: Change Geronimo to use Tomcat JK 1.2.13 instead of the unsupported JK 2 ?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 05:34:56 GMT
Hi,

> That version was used because the AJP needs the JkCoyoteHandler.
> Honestly, its being used because that seemed to be the latest and
> greatest at the time (IIRC we started with Tomcat 5.0.x)...and according
> to ibibilio, it looks like its the latest one they have for the Java
> side. AFAIK, it seems to work fine.

    Don't let the name "JK2" to mislead you, it is really unsupported now.
    Tomcat connectors seem to have a history of being rewritten again and
    again. I think that things have settled now and there is active development
    going on original JK connector, they should soon release 1.2.14.

    JK2 used to have issues with large posts (they just didn't work). I wouldn't
    recommend using JK2 to anyone, we had such big problems with it on
    our projects. JK 1.2 series, however, works very well on our
    production sites.

        Ari S.