geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie ONeil <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo-Beehive integration/support plans
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:27:09 GMT
Stefan--

  I can provide some perspective from the Beehive side...

  Beehive is currently working on JSR 181 support in a sub-project
called WSM (web service metadata) that targets the Axis stack.
Annotated web services should run atop Geronimo + Axis (on a Java 5
VM) without any trouble, though I've not tried this yet and I'm sure
we'll run into an issue or two which we'll need to address.  :)

  Authoring the JSR-181 compliant POJO would definitely be easier than
dealing with the JAX-RPC complexity.  Today, Beehive creates an Axis
SOAPService at runtime, but we should be able to generate the JAX-RPC
artifacts at build time from the POJO as well.  We're currently
restructuring WSM a bit to facilitate this.

  One point on the Beehive runtime requirements -- we just need a Java
5 VM.  And:

- Ant 1.6+ to use our build tools
- Servlet 2.4 / JSP 2.0 for NetUI

  Longer term, working with Geronimo is definitely something Beehive
is interested in, so what types of integrations would people find
useful?  For example, we'd like to enable Controls inside of OpenEJB.

  From the Geronimo side, how well is the Java 5 VM supported?

Eddie