geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo and JSR-237 WorkManager API for App Servers
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:40:39 GMT
Well, I think implementing this would be great.  I'd like to know:
- whether  WorkManager could use our thread pool gbean or if we should
replace uses of the thread pool gbean with WorkManager or some other
relationship
- whether the J2CA WorkManager should use the jsr-23 WorkManager or
vice versa or neither

Our transaction manager is rather aggressively single threaded, so
currently any jsr-237 implementation is going to have to not  propagate
transactions between threads.  We need to look at the advanced
transaction services spec (activity service?) to see what they have to
say about this also.  I'd be delighted to talk more about this
issue.... next week ;-)

thanks
david jencks