geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: build failed for latest build
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:03:21 GMT

On Jun 15, 2005, at 3:06 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>> If neither of these helps try including
>> -Dgeronimo.assemble.offline=true
>> on your command line.
>
> (sometimes I don't know if I should go to the code and see it yourself
> or to ask. I think Dave wouldn't mind answering it :))
>
> Am I reading it right that the variable will make the configurations to
> be built offline without a Geronimo instance to be brought up? Well,
> the
> plugin firstly tries to connect to an instance before falling back on
> booting up your own, but then it would have to wait as well. No, it
> must
> be another way. How can the deployer do its job without a running
> instance?

magic.. pure magic....

well, not quite...
If deployer.jar can't connect to a server, it will run in-vm, starting
up enough of geronimo to deploy stuff.

I realize that I actually haven't tried this with a non-deploying
server running in the background, and I don't know what would happen.
There's a very good chance that the deployer would hang, so this
suggestion may not work.

thanks
david jencks