geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject XYZConfigurer as GBean
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 04:41:15 GMT
	So we have RARConfigurer, WARConfigurer (x2), EJBConfigurer, and
they're all GBeans.  I'm not really sure why.  All they do is produce a
DConfigBean tree, and you'll want to run them on the tool-client side of
the JSR-88 system, where you don't necessarily have a GBean kernel
available.  While you could call the GBean in a remote server, you pass
the thing a DeployableObject representing a file on disk, and any changes
have to be save to the filesystem of the client, so it really makes no
sense.

	My inclination would be to change the Configurers to be POJOs so
the JSR-88 tool can just say new RARConfigurer().createConfiguration(dObj)
instead of trying to make GBean calls.

	Anyone know why they're GBeans in the first place?

THanks,
	Aaron