geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Deployment Dependencies
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:53:02 GMT
On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> Have we actually looked for differences? For example, I'm not a Tomcat
> expert but I know there are applications out there that use custom
> Valves which is a Tomcat specific implementation.

	It seems to me there are two possibilities.  One is to encourage
GBean-level configuration instead of deployment plan configuration for
uncommon features.  The other is to provide more generic expansion
elements in the deployment plan, so it gets a little uglier beyond the
standard features, but is still possible (you know, with
"web-container-param name=foo value=bar" or whatever).  If someone can
compile a list of those cases, we can think through which way to handle
them.  But I don't think this should hold up the Tomcat/Jetty plan
unification.  I'm definitely not willing to hold it up just in case Greg
thinks up something incompatible in a future version of Jetty -- that's
pretty silly IMHO.

Aaron