geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Usability/Tooling - geronimo configuration on a headless server
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:23:07 GMT
	Well, for configuration purposes, I was thinking something like:

1) Edit XML/text files enough to get ports/security working
2) Start Geronimo, use management web app to get other things working

	I personally prefer that scenario to Swing/Text configuration
tools.  However, it's a separate issue from upgrade procedures.

	I guess I probably should have clarified that in my original
response.  I'm not that keen on Swing management tools, though our
installer package is GUI-only AFAIK.  But I was trying to get to our
actual requirements, and it sounds like "no GUI options whatsoever" is a
desired target platform.

Aaron