geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From siss...@insession.com
Subject Re: Summary checkpoint - Roadmap / Things-to-do
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 00:47:29 GMT
Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote on 14/06/2005 10:25:14
AM:

> I'd add (in no particular order, and not necessarily all for 1.0):

<snip>

>  - Remote deployment and management (that is, developer on a different
> machine than server and not FTPing stuff back and forth)

I would like to see remote deployment supported in the 1.0 release as it
is particularly important for productive use of Geronimo on headless
servers, since the J2EE developer would be doing their development
remotely (e.g. using an IDE on their PC) due to lack of GUI on the server.

- Improve security with Derby Network Server (see GERONIMO-342) and allow
user to configure Derby Network Server security during Geronimo install
(e.g. whether to allow remote connections). There are some applications
that provide a GUI interface for creating/maintaining databases.  Allowing
these applications to connect to the Derby Network Server (running on a
headless server) in a secure fashion is important.

John

<snip>