geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From siss...@insession.com
Subject Re: [Geronimo Wiki] Update of "Building" by Francis
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2005 03:22:00 GMT
I think the information on the building page is mostly related to issues
whilst building.  I don't think it should be moved to a single FAQ as I'm
sure there will be FAQs on lots of different topics (other than building)
and a single FAQ would get out of hand.

Maybe we can restructure the information so we don't have too much one one
page.  For example, have a page about required build (pre-requisites)
tools and how to set them up (e.g. IDEs, svn firewall proxy info).  We
could move some of the build troubleshooting into separate pages.. maybe a
page for maven, a page for diagnosing/troubleshooting tests.

It would be nice if a developer not familiar with svn & maven can build
geronimo without having to go to multiple web sites to find how to invoke
and configure tools for a standard geronimo build.

I don't think we should be removing information, as some of the tips were
most likely the result of someone spending hours troubleshooting or
learning how to use a tool.

John