geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Memory in Jetty integration?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 22:44:37 GMT
I think we have a leak in our integration with jetty.  After looking
at the code I don't think we are unregistering servlets or webapp
contexts when they are stopped.  Here are the leaks I'm seeing

Class loader leak
----------------
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationClassLoader
parent of  org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyClassLoader
webClassLoader of  org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyWebAppContext
[21] of  java.lang.Object[88]
elementData of  java.util.ArrayList
_components of  org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyServer
_server of  org.mortbay.http.SslListener

Servlet leak
------------
a.b.MyServlet
_servlet of  org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyServletHolder
[2] of  java.lang.Object[10]
elementData of  java.util.ArrayList
_components of  org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler
_handler of  org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.HashSessionManager
this$0 of  org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.AbstractSessionManager
$SessionScavenger

I'm going to try some more specific tests, but can someone that knows
this code confirm if we are or are not unregistering servlets and
contexts.

-dain