geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: ClassLoader Architecture
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:07:58 GMT
Paul,

I agree with you on the OSGi component model, which is why I don't
want to use it.  I think we can bridge geronimo components into OSGi,
but I wouldn't ask people to write to the spec.  I really only want
to use their class loader architecture, because they have really
solved the problems of this space.  Class worlds is a very good
library, but I think OSGi is actually more powerful.  Anyway, the
class loader model is something we're still experimenting with so
OSGi may not be the final solution, it just looks really good right now.

-dain