geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Tyagi, Rahul" <rahul.ty...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: Geronimo and JSR-237 WorkManager API for App Servers
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:27:39 GMT

You can assume WorkManager to be a container managed thread pool. Using WorkManager one can
schedule work workManager.schedule(Work work) and schedule would get a thread from container
managed thread pool and process the work (Work implements java.lang.Runnable). It has capability
to add dependency of work completion on other work. Work has life cycle and user can define
listener for listening to those work life cycle events.

>I saw only a very early draft of this JSR, which IMO had the fatal
>defect of not explaining the semantics of transactions when using the
>thread pool.  Has the current version of the spec added any discussion
>of transactions?

So far this specification do not state anything for managing transaction. But i think we need
to enhance that part. I personally believe in both approach standardize first then implement
Or Innovate/implement first and then standardize, In our case we need to follow later :)...

To avoid security message probably i would start using my personal email ID for this email
list.

Thanks,

Rahul