geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Tyagi, Rahul" <rahul.ty...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject Geronimo and JSR-237 WorkManager API for App Servers
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:04:14 GMT

Hello Team!!

Recent version of leading app servers are supporting "JSR-237 Work Manager for Application
Server". I believe JSR-237 is simple and powerful API for writing robust parallel processing
application for managed environment. Prior to that developers used to open non managed threads
for accomplishing parallel processing in J2EE container, , Obviously which is not a recommended
way!!

I think JSR-237 is a major step in writing scalable parallel processing application within
managed environment.

I am curious whether we have plan to support JSR-237 in future releases of Geronimo, If community
see benefit of adding JSR-237 to Geronimo I can volunteer to implement JSR-237 for Geronimo.

Thanks,

Rahul Tyagi