geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Security Config File questions
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 05:37:14 GMT

On Jun 10, 2005, at 5:44 PM, Michael Malgeri wrote:

> OK, now I think I got it.
>
> One final two-part question...hopefully.
>
> There is a one-to-one association between a LoginModuleGBean  gbean
> and a JaasLoginModuleUse gbean, correct?

actually one to many: you can have lots of JaasLoginModuleUse gbeans
that all refer to the same LoginModuleGBean instance.

We did this in case there is some kind of login module framework that
is expensive or complicated to configure in some way and that you
wanted to use in several realms.

> Which property  reference ties the two together?
>
> Is the following
>
> <gbean name="demo-properties-login"
> class="org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginModuleGBean">
>
> tied to the "name" property of this
>
> <gbean name="demo-properties-login"
> class="org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.JaasLoginModuleUse">
>
> or to the following reference of the same JaasLoginModuleUse gbean
>
> <reference name="LoginModule">
>             <name>demo-properties-login</name>
> </reference>

the reference