geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap / Things-to-do
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2005 15:39:07 GMT
1. Complete Jeremy's packaging and assembly plugins and use them as
much as possible in the build.  I think this will make how geronimo is
intended to fit together a lot clearer and make the build make more
sense.

2. Examine and stabilize the interfaces between geronimo modules (also
between geronimo/openejb etc).  Ideally we could stabilize these to the
extent that no iterface changes would be necessary until geronimo 2.

3. Review the contents of each module to make sure it makes sense.  For
instance, I think that openejb core has at least 3 modules inside it.
I'm also not quite sure about the distribution of code between the
connector and transaction modules.

4. Come up with a reasonable solution to the desire to set ports, pool
sizes, etc when starting the server.  To me this definitely does not
involve editing the contents of the original deployment plans or the
compiled configurations but some entirely separate solution such as a
configurable property database gbean.

5. Move to xmlbeans v2.

6. Make sure tx recovery works and build a UI for reviewing problems

7. Good pluto or other portlet integration.  Also a portlet based
management console.

thanks
david jencks