geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Spring and Geronimo
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 17:01:47 GMT
On Jun 17, 2005, at 8:31 AM, Michael McGrady wrote:

> Is Geronimo ready for prime time, like JBoss, or is that a while off?
> By the way, thanks for these helpful responses.  Very much
> appreciated.

It depends on what you are doing.  Geronimo is assembled mostly from
stable components with some new Geronimo code.  If you are mainly
doing a web application, then Geronimo is ready to go, since the web
server we use is either Jetty or Tomcat and they have been around for
ever.  On the the other hand, if you are doing web-services or corba,
you should give us a few more months.

> Also, does Geronimo like JBoss incorporate a web
> container/server like Tomcat or does Geronimo do it all?

We either use Jetty or Tomcat.

-dain